Thanks Regan for taking the minutes!
Meeting Minutes – January 27, 2011
14 folks attended. New attendees:
(Because this was my first time taking notes, I didn’t do anything other than get their names – whoops! Trust me, they’re all fabulous!)
Next guild meeting will be held on February 24th, 2011
- Cecile will be moving (target date is 4/1/11) – the Ning site will be updated with the new address when the move date is solidified
Hoffman Fabric Tour with Michele Flores (yes, the one that was at our meeting!)
- Target date is Friday, February 18th with a 9:30 am start, though we may move it to Monday February 21stas it’s President’s Day and more folks may be able to attend.
- We will spend 1 ½ - 2 hours at Hoffman, followed by lunch (location TBD)
- Please RSVP ASAP on the Ning site so we have a better idea of attendee numbers
- 10 attendees is our goal
- Next weekend sew is February 20th from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at Sewing Party
- Yolanda didn’t get much feedback on her email, so we are assuming folks still want to go forward with the sews on either Saturdays or Sundays
- If anyone knows of any other locations to check out, feel free to reach out to the store to see if they’d be willing to host one of our weekend sews
Block of the Month
- Only Deidra and Bunnie brought the Square Within a Square blocks because they’re on the ball and the rest of us are still hungover from the holidays. We decided to extend this block for another month, so be sure to bring your Square Within a Square blocks in February for a chance to win! As a reminder, the colors are green & blue for the squares with white on white as the background. The three Bunnie and Deidra brought are gorgeous!
- March’s square is the darling (and possibly quick to whip up) Mod Squad. Colors chosen are orange, red, purple, and blue. You have two months to whip these out, so hopefully time will be on your side. Use any appliqué technique you choose. These quilt blocks promise to be darling!
- Gwen volunteered to sash the pink & yellow top
- We needs folks to volunteer their time (making new blocks, adding sashing, quilting, and binding), as well as folks to volunteer their stash or cash (purchasing or donating fabric for the sash or backing or binding, or batting for the center)
- People seemed really interested in dedicating time at Weekend Sews to working solely on charity quilts
- The printer lost our order (boo!) so Susan will get them in time for the next meeting
Quilting Bee 2!
- Max block size and number was proposed. In order to be fair to all participants, it was proposed that we stick to only requesting one block from our fellow bee-ers with a max size of 16x16
- We have 11 members (10 verified)
- We will skip December, and possibly January, depending on the number of definite Yes’s
- Please be sure to email Kristine your email address, home address, and preferred months (if any) to host your bee
- We also have a Flickr thread here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1613420@N21/
- First month is February. As in next week
- Bring a quart size bag of scraps
- The person who chooses your bag has to make you something from those fabrics and can only add one piece of fabric from theirs
- Project ideas: coasters, pot holders, pillows, pin cushions, etc.
New Circle Swap through the Hexie Swap group – Around the Circle Swap!
- Email Yolanda for details
- From Melissa’s thread on Flickr: ...instead of each sending one color of fabric, we will send one LINE of fabric. Bliss, Ruby Star Rising, Greenfield Hill, on and on the list goes. :o) You pick the line, send her 50 6" squares from the line (under 1.5 yards of fabric, as before). We are hoping to have 10 people sign up again, so that would give us 5 circles from 10 different lines of fabric. We would send her our fabric(and a SASE) by February 28th, and she'd send us our circles by March 31st.
- Flickr group is here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/aroundthecircle/
Show & Tell