Meeting Minutes - June 28, 2012
- OCMQG meetings are regularly scheduled for the fourth Thursday of the month. July’s meeting is on the 26th at 6:30 pm at The Sewing Party
- Weekend Sews are regularly scheduled for the second Sunday of the month.
- Modern Mood Workshop – There are still spots available! Two full days of quilting for the bargain price of $110. Email Bunnie Mauldin to hold your spot! Get more info on the workshop here: http://orangecountymodernquiltguild.ning.com/events/modern-mood-workshop-annoucenment
- The Modern Quilt Guild is holding their first conference “QUILTCON” in 2013 in Austin, TX. Cecile will have a booth at the conference! There will also be a quilt block competition. Get more info on the conference and the competition here: http://www.quiltcon.com/
- It's almost time for The International Quilt Festival Long Beach, July 27-29. Tickets are available from Sewing Party.
- New officers were announced, Bunnie and Susan are co-presidents, Linda is treasurer, Janet is secretary and Michelle will chair various programs in the coming year. All other volunteers are most welcome with any new ideas.
- A vote was taken on the amount of dues payable by guild members, and it was agreed that the due would remain at $40 for the coming year (July 1st 2012 to June 30th 2013). Early bird rate of $35 currently available.
- The budget was reviewed, voted on and adopted. (Note members present at a meeting can vote on any budget expenditure, majority carries. )
- Round Robin Swap – Bring your block and any instructions to the next meeting. A new Round Robin was discussed, details soon.
- The Guild Challenge pieces were presented by Susan, Nancy and Reagan. Three brilliant and creative quilts, the group voted and Reagan was the winner of the $50 gift certificate to The Sewing Party for her David Bowie inspired quilt!
- If you have a demo you’d like to show the Guild, please email Susan, Bunnie, and/or Janet to submit your ideas. We’re always looking for fun demos to expand our knowledgebase!
- The theme for the fat quarter swap for July is :- Patriotic or anything red, white or blue, remember you can swap as many fq's as you wish, we trade 1 for 1.
Pimp My Quilt: Remember to bring your quilts in for any advice. Our members always have fun and creative suggestions for your work.